This is something I came up with to use up what ingredients I had lying around.
Half of a green sweet pepper, cut into chunks
1 cup of brocolli, cut into florets
1 onion, chopped chunky
knob of butter for cooking
3 cups of pasta, I used the pasta that was left over in bags from previous recipes
1/2 cup left-over cheese, grated
*any left over veg can be used, this will make this different every time you make it.
Half a jar of pasta bake sauce or any pasta sauce can be used.
Cheese sauce from Macroni cheese
1. Place the pasta in a saucepan of boiling water.
2. Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions
3. Place the knob of butter into a hot saucepan when melted add the veg.
4. Cook the veg for a few mins on a high heat turn heat down and simmer for 10-15 mins, stirring occassionally.
5. After 10 mins of cooking make the cheese sauce.
6. Put the oven on at 200°C, 400°F or Gas Mark 6
7. When the pasta is cooked drain it and place to one side.
8. Add the pasta bake sauce to the veg, when it is heated through take it off the heat.
9. In a large ovenproof dish place the veg and pasta bake sauce mix on the bottom.
10. Next add the mixed pasta.
11. Then the cheese sauce.
12. Finally add the grated sauce on top.
13. Place in the oven for 15 - 20 mins until the cheese has melted and the top is starting to turn brown.