Makes 1 serving
This soup changes everytime I make it, because I just use what veg I have lying around. The ingredients listed below are only sample ones. You can use whatever you wish. If making for more than one person, double the veg amount. If you're going to be serving it with bread or as a starter or filler meal, don't double the noodles.
I often make this in the evening if I haven't eat much during the day, it's great for filling me up.
1 packet of noodles (super noodles etc)
half an onion, sliced and chopped
quarter of a bell pepper, sliced and chopped
2 cloves of garlic
random herbs & spices
2tsps cider vingear
2tsps lemon juice
1tbsp tomato puree
optional: cheese, egg, left over mashed potato
(if using cardomon and fennel you'll need to add 1tsp malt vingear to balance the soup)
1. boil the kettle, open the packet of noodles (discard the seasoning). put noodles in saucepan (might have to break them half, it doesn't matter if you do this). Pour boiling water over noodles. Ignore noodles.
2. In a pan (high heat) place a knob of butter with some freshly ground salt and pepper. Place the chopped veg into the pan and stir.
3. When the onion and garlic begin to change colour add the vingear, lemon juice and tomato puree. Stir.
4. Add your chosen herbs and spices. Stir. Turn heat down low.
If adding egg to the soup, whisk an egg in a cup on its own, add to the soup and turn up heat to full. Quickly stir the egg into the mix until it cooks. Take off heat.
If adding mashed potato, add it AFTER you add the vinegar etc.
5. Boil the kettle.
6. If you using cheese, grate the cheese.
7. Take the veg mix off the heat.
8. Drain the noodles and place into soup bowl, fill up soup bowl to just below the top with boiling water.
9. Add half of the cheese and stir into the noodle and water mix with 2 forks.
10. Add the veg mix from the pan and stir well.
11. Add the other half of the cheese on top.
12. Add extra black pepper on top if desired.
13. Enjoy :)