For the veggies:
1-2 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
1 red onion. roughly chopped
1 courgette (aka zucchini), sliced into circles, then quartered.
6-8 button mushrooms, roughly sliced. (amount depends on the size).
dash of soy milk (or whatever milk you use)
For the tomato sauce:
8-10 cherry tomatoes, cut in half and then quartered
1 tsbp tomato puree
herbs and spices (I used 2 tsp herbs de provence and 2 tsp chinese five spice).
4-5 lasagne sheets, depending on the size of your lasagne dish.
Vegetarian cheddar cheese
Vegetarian blue cheese
oil, butter, salt and pepper for cooking.
1. Place a dash of oil into a heavy pan or wok, add some butter, salt and pepper and let the butter melt.
2. When the butter has melted put all the veggies into the wok and cook slightly on a hot heat. Stirring ocassionally.
3. Whisk the eggs with the milk and add to the veggies a bit at a time, stirring each time after adding. Usually takes 3 times to add this mixture.
4. Place the mixture into a lasagne dish.
5. Put the oven on at 200°C, 400°F or Gas Mark 6
6. Make the tomato sauce.
7. Place a dash of oil into a heavy pan or wok, add some butter, salt and pepper and let the butter melt.
8. When the butter has melted put the tomatoes in and stir, let it sit on a high heat until the skin is coming off the tomatoes and it's bubbling away.
9. Put in the tomato puree and stir.
10. Add the herbs and spices and stir.
11. Layer the lasagne on top of the veggie mix.
12. Place the tomato sauce on top of the lasagne sheets.
13. Grate a mix of vegetarian cheddar and blue cheese over the top of the lasagne.
14. Put in the oven for 15 - 25 mins
14. Eat and enjoy.
Note: You can put whatever veggies you like into this. I just used what I had.
If you have no lasagne sheets you could easily make this into a pasta bake, just use pasta instead of lasagne sheets. Though you would need to cook the pasta first.