12oz carrots, thinly sliced
12oz courgettes, thinly sliced
4oz mushrooms, sliced
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 green pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
4oz celery, thinly sliced
1 vegetable stock cube
4 tbsp flour
1 pint fresh milk
salt and freshly ground black pepper
4oz ready to cook lasagne
6oz mature cheddar, grated
1. Place vegetables in a saucepan with stock cube and water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10 - 15 minutes.
2. Place flour, butter and milk in a pan, heat whisking continously until sauce thickens, boils and is smooth. Cook for a minute and season to taste.
3. Place half the vegetable mixture in base of a 10 x 8 inch ovenproof dish.
4. Cover with half the lasagne, some of the sauce and cheese. Repeat layers.
5. Top with remaning sauce and cheese.
6. Bake at 190°C, 375°F, gas mark 5 for 35 - 40 minutes.