1 small onion, finely chopped
4oz aubergines, diced
4oz courgettes, diced
2 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
4floz tomato juice
1 & 1/2 oz flour
1 & 1/2 oz butter
3/4 pint fresh milk
salt and freshly ground black pepper
3oz cheddar, grated
4tbsp natural yoghurt
12oz ready to cook pasta shapes
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add vegetables, garlic and tomato juice. Cook for 10 minutes.
2. Place flour, butter and milk in a pan.
3. Heat, stirring continuously until sauce thickens, boils and is smooth. Cook for a minute and season to taste.
4. Add 2oz cheese and yoghurt, stir until melted.
5. Spoon vegetable mixture into cannelloni tubes.
6. Place in an ovenproof dish and pour over sauce.
7. Sprinkle over remaning cheese.
8. Bake at 180°C, 350°F, Gas Mark 4 for 30 minutes.
-If feeling lazy you can mix the vegetable mixture with the pasta shapes